Saturday, December 26, 2009

I strip oil drain plug from my car how can i fix it please help?

i have a 1991 honda civic i change the oil from it but when i put the drain plug back it does not tighten it just turn and turn i now i strip it but is there any other way i could fix it insted of changing the hole oil pan please help???I strip oil drain plug from my car how can i fix it please help?
Yes you can fix it. Just go to an autoparts store and explain. They will give you a kit to rethread the filler bolt hole.





there are few versions - so try few stores and choose the version that you are comfortable with.








good luck....I strip oil drain plug from my car how can i fix it please help?
Talk to a decent machanic even at Midas and they will fix you up with an over size oil plug. I had to do that with an old 1991 ford pickup truck i had. The only problem i ever had was Wallmart wont change your oil with an over size oil plug.
try an over sized plug and wrap it with teflon tape before you reinsert it
  • myspace surveys
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment