Saturday, December 26, 2009

';I need to top up the oil in my car, but I don't have motor oil. Can I use olive oil instead??

Hey Kev, you want to blow up her engine..





dont listen to men with blue hair.. haha';I need to top up the oil in my car, but I don't have motor oil. Can I use olive oil instead??
STOP STOP!


never put anything in there unless its ceritfied motor oil, it will burn off fast and youll burn your motor up thinking you got oil in it. dont listen to these bird brains, dont put cooking oil or olive oil in your car, its not made for your car. go get motor oil, you dont want to screw up your engine.';I need to top up the oil in my car, but I don't have motor oil. Can I use olive oil instead??
My sister did this exact thing. She needed oil in her VW. She put a quart of cooking oil in and drove to work. She got about 8 miles when the engine seized. The cooking oil had blended with the motor oil and then foamed up. The result was a fried motor and a $4,000 repair bill.


Motor oil is specially formulated for the extreme heat and friction in an internal combustion engine.Do not ever try and substitute it. Most service stations and mini marts sell motor oil. Get a quart and a few spares to carry if your engine is using oil.
Definately NOT. It doesn't have the necessary lubricating qualities needed to protect the engine and will do considerable damage. The same goes for peanut oil, vegetable oil, sesame oil, sunflower seed oil, etc. They're for consuming, not for putting in your car.
You can certain try.





===


Seriously no. Motor oils is finely engineered for engines.





It lubricates.


It resist break down.


Resists freezing.


Resists sludge formation,


etc.





Olive oil is formulate for for flavor only.


====


Beside motor oil is cheaper.








Good luck...
I would definitely not advise doing that. Motor oil has special detergents in it that keep your engine clean, and olive oil will most certainly cake up on the internals. Your best bet is to get some motor oil.
are you trying to protect the engine or simmer it? go to a store and pick up the oil. a chef you are not.
I tried baby oil once. my engine was not a happy camper afterward. it kept me up all night with it's constant crying





Lesson: DO NOT try baby oil
NO NO NO NO NO NO





Only motor oil can be used in a motor
Sure you can. But it has to be the extra virgin olive oil...
Just stuff an avocado in your crocs. That works every time.
Not unless you want to be on foot.
no it will gunk up and make your engine work harder then it has to.
If you can get past Popeye, yes!
funny, got to be a joke nobody this lost
make sure you use two gallons of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment