Saturday, December 26, 2009

I put 10W30 oil in my car. I then found out that it's supposed to have 5W30 oil in it. What should I do?

AWWW its no big deal.That is just the recommended oil.Your 10w 30 will be fine.Manufacturers recommend a lot of different things but they are pretty much just guidelines to give you a round about idea of what to do or use.You will be fine with the 10w-30.No worries!I put 10W30 oil in my car. I then found out that it's supposed to have 5W30 oil in it. What should I do?
It'll be fine.I put 10W30 oil in my car. I then found out that it's supposed to have 5W30 oil in it. What should I do?
Don't panic! Many people do this. It is merely a heavier weight of oil. It will not harm your engine. As a matter of fact if you are in a 4 cylinder that you drive hard it may help; or if your vehicle has high miles. You may want to change to the 5w at your next oil change if it is really a big consern for you. Oh yeah--one other thing. If you ADDED 10w to your 5w (like if your oil was low) then it will not mix well. If it was more than a qt change your oil.
Unless the temperature is or is going to be 20 or below before the next change, don't worry about it.
What year, make %26amp; model? How many miles? How it the weather where you live?


If the weather is mild, and there are a few miles (50K +), don't wory about it. If the car is new, few miles, or very cold, change it.
Leave it until the next oil change, it won't hurt it.
nothing drive it until you are due again and then put 5w30 back in
it isn't too different. get it right next time.
buy an oil drainer for 拢5.99
It will be fine. As summer is coming up, 10W-30 isn't going to hurt it.
it will be just fine, it won't hurt a thing, just change to the 5w-30 the next oil change if you feel like it.
it will be fine..if you live where it is very cold you might notice it is slower to start in the morning
Well contrary to popular belief the ';W'; in the oil doesnt refer to the wieght it is the viscosity rating. Viscosity simpily put is how your oil holds together when it gets hot. You shouldnt have any problems. On your next oil change make sure its 5W30.
  • myspace surveys
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment