Thursday, January 7, 2010

Whats the best perfomance 5w-30 synthetic oil to put in my car? any suggjestions...?

I just recently bought a 07 civic si, and in search for one oil good snythetic oil to stick with for along time. any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. ThanksWhats the best perfomance 5w-30 synthetic oil to put in my car? any suggjestions...?
Redline oil is the best, available at Napa auto parts :)Whats the best perfomance 5w-30 synthetic oil to put in my car? any suggjestions...?
Royal purple
I love Mobil 1 synthetic! they have one that is like a 5W-50 so it handles extreme cold and heat rather well. They have one that is acctually used by dealers in brand new cars like corvettes, bmws and other expensive sports cars. I bought a used car, changed to synthetic mobil1 (the one with the blue cap)use premium gas only and put in Boshes Quantum 4 sparg plugs. My gas milage increased rediculasely! it use to be 280 miles to a 12 gallon tank but now its 360 miles to my 12 gallon tank. So my answer is...................MOBIL1
Let me start by telling you that I am a 20 year ASE Master, and am in the process of buying my own shop. I'm a distributor of Amsoil synthetic oil. I started using it in my wife's car at 165,000 miles, and my truck at 172,000 miles. When working out the costs, running organic oil and changing your oil every 3000 miles or running Amsoil and changing it every 7500 miles, it's a wash. Keep in mind that you want to run a premium oil filter for extended life oil, since while the oil holds up longer, there are still deposits that need to be filtered out. The advantage is that you do not have to take the time to have your car serviced as often. In my case, I don't have to worry about my wife driving over the specified mileage as much.





Consumer Reports tested synthetic oils, and rated Amsoil higher than Mobil 1, which is pretty much the industry standard. Amsoil is also cheaper. There are plenty of synthetics out there, I recommend checking their quality with Consumer Reports or similiar testers.





It is my opinion that nobody builds a higher quality car than Honda, bar none. I personally drive a 22 year old Toyota 4x4, because Honda never built anything like it. My wife drives a Pontiac Grand Prix, because she loves it. Your car, on regular oil and maintainance should be good for 250,000 miles or so. More like 400,000 on synthetic. A tip: keep your oil change and maintainance reciepts. It will increase your resale value. Great choice of cars. Take good care of it. I have a 15 year old stepson who will be driving next year. I will be buying him a Honda Civic. High quality, great mileage, low maintainance and repair costs, very safe car (see crash tests). Can't beat it. Look at your VIN, a number 1 for the first digit means it was built here in the USA.
I use Valvoline oil products.
Valvoline,Mobil 1,Royal Purple
I'd go with mobil one..... why? sure amsoil IS better...., but just google amsoil up.... whats right behind them, almost (and I mean real close) as good..... mobil one.....


Plus the availability is next to none..... which can be a factor....





I wouldn't hesitate to run pennzoil platinum, mobil 1, redline, or royal purple..... all are great syns.....
well first of all it doesn't really matter what brand you use any of the major brands are fine. But the one thing that strikes me odd is that you say 5w30. I am almost certain that your car requires a 5w20 oil for the warranty. I know that Ford and Honda have all gone to 5w20 oils. But any way all brands of synthetic are good. The one I would suggest and only because it is the easiest to find if you ever have to add some is Mobil 1. The others are good but what if you are a quart low and you go to the local store on your trip and try to find a bottle of royal purple or amsoil. Good luck with that. Mobil 1 has been around for ever and is virtually at any store that sells oil. But any way check into the 5w20 thing first then look for the synthetic of your choice.
  • ie toolbar
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment