Thursday, January 7, 2010

I got car engine oil in my eye?

what should i do?like i was changing my oil and i drip hit my eye...I got car engine oil in my eye?
Most important - do the long, continuous flush with water (or the saline washes, if they're around your shop). If you were changing hot oil, I'd play it safe if I were your and have it checked. If it was warm oil and it was a light splash, do the long, long wash, and do a little self assessment.





You might get a little irritated in your conjunctiva from all the washing and the oil, but that should fade over a short bit. If your eye continues to bother you over the span of more than an hour, or if you feel a scratchy/burning sensation when you blink, or if you wake up the next morning with eye pain, see a doctor.





If you're paranoid and/or if your eye is just really in pain, then get it attended to right away.





And most important - none of us is actually seeing you. Don't take our word as 100% law, and don't play around with your vision. A medical evaluation is far, far more accurate than us wrenchers!I got car engine oil in my eye?
.you know what, i have worked in a lube shop for almost 20 years, and i have had that happen on a few different occasions. it blurs the vision for a little bit then nothing else that i have noticed.
I hate it when that happens!! Wash it with water for about 10-15 minutes, if it keeps bothering you or the oil was hot go see the doc.
I find that a little engine oil in the eye helps it to move better. I have even used WD-40 to quick glances.
I have had it happen a lot no problems yet but what you should do is get some safety glasses.
just flush your eye out with water its worked for me in the past. I would go to a doctor just in case.
Go to the doctor just in case

No comments:

Post a Comment