Thursday, January 7, 2010

Some people say that it is best to change the oil in a car every 3000 miles. Now, car manufacturers are...?

saying that it is okay to wait until 7,500 miles have passed. Is this really true? Why would it be suddenly okay to wait for many more miles before having an oil change?Some people say that it is best to change the oil in a car every 3000 miles. Now, car manufacturers are...?
For a car that says to change the oil every 7500 miles... I change oil and filter every 5,000 miles if most of the miles are road miles. If the car is driven like my wifes car...5,000 maybe a year, I will change it more often. If traveling and the car is running most of the day I will run 10,000 miles and not worry about it. Now I will get thumbs down for this answer but I put about 100,000 more miles on some of my cars than they do. The cars still run good and use very little oil if they use any oil. Have one at 195,000 and still doesn't use oil.Some people say that it is best to change the oil in a car every 3000 miles. Now, car manufacturers are...?
Do whatever the MANUFACTURER OF YOUR CAR recommends. Don't trust the oil company to tell you when to change the oil; they're not the engineers that designed the automobile you are driving. Also, if you're going to change your oil every 7.5k miles, you'd best be checking it on a regular basis. Cars naturally burn a little bit of oil cause you can't stop ALL blowby, so if you go 7500 miles without checking it, bad things could happen.
Who said you had to change your oil every 3000 miles?


The OIL COMPANIES! That's how they make money.


It's the same with drug manufacturers. They don't want to cure you. They want to make money off you until you die So they say you need to take this drug for the rest of your life the treat the symptoms, but not cure them.





The car manufacturers realized this. Did some tests, and came to their own conclusion instead of listening to the oil companies suggestions.





Not to mention synthetic lubricants are getting a lot Better.
Bottom line? I would go with the manufacturer's recommendations long before I'd go with what ';some people say.';


Of course, you also want to read the disclaimers and fine print about what they consider ';severe duty'; and their recommendations for such.
As the quality of the engines, the filters, and the oil, has improved over the years, the interval between oil changes has increase. I, however, will not take that chance... I still change my oil every 3000 miles.
That is lye. I always change my oil every 3,000 miles keep the engine cleans! The longer you wait your engine get dirty parts wear out quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment