Thursday, January 7, 2010

My car takes 5w-30 oil. i got 5w-20 synthetic. is this ok for my car?

i needed an oil change so i swapped it out for synthetic. however, i accidentally got 5w-20 synthetic and my car needs 5w-30.





will this damage my engine at all?My car takes 5w-30 oil. i got 5w-20 synthetic. is this ok for my car?
No problem, You can almost always go thinner, especially from only 30 to 20.My car takes 5w-30 oil. i got 5w-20 synthetic. is this ok for my car?
no good...the 20 does NOT protect the engine,,,its too light...,,,get the proper oil...if you cant take it back [they should take it] you can use it a qt at a time to top off between changes
If it real cold, keep the oil. If not, take it bake. Changing to synthetic after running dino oil is not good. Start out with blended and work your way up. Go through at three oil changes before going going straight synthetic
why no you need at least 5w30 if anything buy heavier weight wil not hurt any motor i never use 5w30 i run 10w40 all the time and you can always take it back unless you open it maybe be ok if its below freezing but id stil return it and at least get what it should take

No comments:

Post a Comment