Thursday, January 7, 2010

Oil Change...I'm short on cash this month and I want to know since i barely have any oil left in my car.?

can I just go to Auto Zone, get the right oil for my car and put oil in it myself. And get my oil changed next month. Will I mess something up if I do this?Oil Change...I'm short on cash this month and I want to know since i barely have any oil left in my car.?
nope, all you need depending on what vehicle you have is, some 5W-30 or 10W-30 oil(thats the standard weight). Any brand is fine, but be consistent with which one, ide say dont get quaker state, or havoline. Most other oils ive found are fine. If you have oil showing up on the dip stick, do not put a full quart of oil in. Add in small increments, such as if its at the bottom end of the stick, add a half a quart, if its halfway up the marker of the stick, add just under a 1/4 of a quart. Just add in small amounts till you can check the dipstick and make sure its at the proper level.Oil Change...I'm short on cash this month and I want to know since i barely have any oil left in my car.?
Add the oil. It's much more important to keep the proper amount of oil in the engine than it is to have the oil changed every 3000 miles. You can easily go 6000 to 7500 miles between oil changes under normal driving conditions.
Yes, definentley top your oil up for now. But don't put it in the wrong hole as this ';will'; spell disaster.
go ahead and just add oil to it. It wont hurt anything...running out of oil will
  • ie toolbar
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment